Anchor links not working

Hello,

In the demo https://demo.athemes.com/themes/?theme=Sydney, if I go to Blog then if I click on Services or Team it does go to the right section on the homepage. It seems that the links are not good in the demo.
In my own demo site, I fixed the links but I’m facing another problem. The page does not scroll at the right position in the page. It seems that the slideshow (in the .sydney-hero-area div) is causing this behavior.
If I’m on the home page there is no problem going to the anchor sections but if I come from another page it does not work correctly.
This is a concrete example
I have a site on a url that I will designate as $HOMELINK
On the homepage ($HOMELINK/index.php), I have a #services section so in the menu I added the following link: $HOMELINK/index.php#services. If I am on the homepage it is OK if I click on the services link, I go the right position.
On another page, for example $HOMELINK/blog, I I click on the services link, I go to the homepage but not on the #services section.
I think the slideshow area is computed dynamically with Javascript so the target position is not calculated correctly. When we are already on the homepage, there is no problem because this area has already been calculated.

Did someone encounter this problem? Do someone have a solution or a workaround?

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

this is my own website : https://www.titchagcreation.com but it is not related with the topic I’ve created.
I’m developing a website with Wordpress and Sydney on localhost.

Best regards,
Antonio

Hello Antonio,

Well, I don’t think that I can provide much help here without a link to affected page, unfortunately.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you Roman.

Finally I added a workdaround in Javascript but I don’t understand why it does not work correctly on my website and it seems to work on your demo website.

Best regards,
Antonio

You are welcome Antonio!

Kind Regards, Roman.