Anchor links don´t work reasonable with float-header

Hello!

I use links to anchors as navigation elements (eg. #pg-59-2-0), the problem is, with the sticky header (I think, you call it the float-header), the user does not have the feeling, that it scrolls down exactly to the beginning of the row, but into somewhere in the middle of the row, because the beginning of the row is behind the header.

It would be great, if one could scroll down and see the respective title for example, right under the float-header.

Any solution highly appreciated! :wink:

Best and thx,
Markus

Hello Markus,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your website to let me inspect it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

What was the solution to this issue? I’m having the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @DanielleF,

Refer to this thread, that contains imple CSS solution and hopefully it works for you as well. In case it doesn’t, I’d request sharing the link to your website here, so I can check your issue directly.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

The code didn’t work on my site unfortunately.
The link to my site is https://www.funmidaniel.com/

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link. But, still, I didn’t get your issue. Is it on the “Discover More” button?

Adding, it would be better if you can share a video recording to directly point me to your issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello,

Apologies I’m not clearer, because of the sticky header, the anchor link destination doesn’t display properly.

Please see the video demonstrating what the issue is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mdkkowYdG7TrbU1HuduNWq_xmVhdm6Yg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Hello, did you see my reply?

Hi,

​Please accept my apologies for the delay in response. I really appreciate your patience.

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {

#web-design,
      #social-media, 
      #content-writing,
      #event-management, 
      #brand-management, 
      #creative-director,
      #marketing-strategy {
        scroll-margin-top: 150px;
      }

}

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello,

I was finally able to find a solution elsewhere, thanks anyway!

Great! Glad to know you found the solution. And thank you for letting us know.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support