"An error occurred while updating Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized"

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to update my Sydney Pro theme for several months now, but the update process always fails. I’m a bit puzzled by this, so if anyone could give me clarification on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

The error message is: “An error occurred while updating Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized”

Thanks,
Justin

Dear Justin,

Could you please grant me to access your site admin area, so I can troubleshoot it? For security reason, you can share the working login credentials to kharisblank@gmail.com; mention the link to this thread.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks, Kharis!
Everything works fine now.

Regards,
Justin

You’re always welcome here. :slight_smile:

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

I’m having the same issue. Could I send you my login info? Thanks!

Please share it to kharisblank@gmail.com because of it must be private. Mention the link to this email body to signal you’ve written in our support forum.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi

I bought Sydney Pro a while back (July 2016), I renewed in July 2017.

My site www.electric-agency.com.au is currently running 1.57 as I updated.

I used the theme from that original zip for another site www.blackbirdbyron.com.au, but it will not update to 1.57

At first I was getting the message ‘An error occurred while updating Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized’.

Now it doesn’t even prompt me to ‘udate’.

Wordpress says all my themes are up to date!

I believe there is an even more updated version 2.0.

How do I get 2.0 and how do I install them?

To retrieve the latest update of Sydney Pro 2.x you’ll need to upgrade your license key. Follow this documentation, please.

http://docs.athemes.com/article/244-how-to-upgrade-to-sydney-pro-2

Regards,
Kharis