"An error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again." when customizing

Hello,

I’ve been using Astrid Pro for over 6 months now and am nearly ready to go live, but just recently I’ve started experiencing an issue with customization of the theme. Whenever I make any changes in the sidebar while customizing, it comes up with “An error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.” and does not let me save the changes I’ve made.

I was able to work around this by making the changes I want in the admin panel directly, but even that has become impossible - when editing the widgets, the dropdown that allows you to change the styling keeps expanding and collapsing, so I’m not able to edit any of the styles that I have previously applied to the widget (which have now been lost).

I can see that the changes are not completely lost as when inspecting the CSS on the widget, I can see that it picks up the color and the background color values that I configured, but they’re applied in an erroneous way (note the lack of # which means the browser ignores these rules):

color: FFFFFF;
background-color: 363A3E;

I am lost as to what to do and would like help resolving this issue as soon as possible - I am able to provide more details or even grant access to the website if required.

Thanks,
Vladimir

Hello Vladimir,

Please try to deactivate all your plugins and see if it helps.

But please make a full site backup first.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve made the backup and deactivated every plugin, and now the customize menu does not give me the error I mentioned in the OP, but the widgets menu in the admin UI is still misbehaving in the same fashion, which means I am still unable to change the background colour of the widget on the landing page.

Do you have any other ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Vladimir

Hello Vladimir,

Please make sure that your browser, WordPress, Astrid theme, and Astrid Pro plugin are all updated. Also please make sure that your server meets WordPress requirements:
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Apologies for the delayed response, took a while to ensure a smooth upgrade as I made a mistake of not using child themes for customization, so I had to do some reading and make backups before I updated everything.

I am now running on a fully updated system (Wordpress 4.7.2, Astrid theme 1.14 (up from 1.04), and Astrid Pro 1.07), but I am still experiencing the same symptoms as I described originally. Is there anything else you can think of that might be causing the issue?

Thanks,
Vladimir

Hello Vladimir,

Does your server use PHP 7? Do you use updated browser? You can try fresh Firefox, for example. Do you see any errors in your browser JavaScript Console?

Kind Regards, Roman.