All media broken

Hi guys,

Just installed Sydney, love it. Only thing now is that all images that were previously loaded or I just load now seem to be broken. Tried to disable all plugins, but the problems doesn’t seem te be there.

Thanks already

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I’m afraid some image doesn’t exist in your media library. For example the following image:

http://mennovanrosmalen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/iphone.png

Failed to load because this file doesn’t exists. It doesn’t relate to the theme’s issue.

Make sure you are referencing to the correct file path or try to re-upload it.

You can check all uploaded images through Media > Library panel.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for your quick response.

After installing WP and the Theme (i worked some time with an HTML-based website) I am aware some old (deleted) media was still in that folder. To be sure I deleted all that.

The main problem is new media, such as http://mennovanrosmalen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/dameshoed_zwart_met_bloemen_1352053144_original_2.jpg , which I uploaded just now and right away gave me the broken media picture. When I click on the broken media picture and then click ‘edit image’, it does show the right picture.

Thank you in advance.

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting.

Could you please post the content of the .htaccess file which resides in your WP installation root directory?

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis:

BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

END WordPress

Is this it? Not really comfortable with this kind of files, so hope this is what you are looking for.

Thank you!

Hello there,

Yes, that’s it. I thought it’s fine, nothing wrong there. Could you please try to check whether the file permissions of wp-content/uploads folder and all its content are set to 755. Head on here for more information.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Have been out the running for a while, but this did the trick! Thank you so so much Kharis!!!

Hello there,

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Warmest regards,
Kharis