Alizee overlay opacity

Is there a way to eliminate the header overlay or reduce the opacity in Alizee Pro? It’s not a Customize option and I can’t find the CSS in Editor. Can you send me CSS to add?

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so I can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

The site is http://peadouxy.org/. I entered this under the CSS customize option but it just made the header even darker.

.site-header {
background-color: rgb(0,0,0);}

I believe you gave me some code to fix this last time I used Alizee but can’t find it even on the other site. My objective is to eliminate the header overlay so that image is not shaded in any way.

thanks,
Sharon

Hi,

The opacity is caused by this CSS ( I think it was added by you ):

.header-image-320, .header-image-1024 {
    opacity: 0.6;
}

if not, then try to add this Custom CSS:

.header-image-320, .header-image-1024 {
    opacity: 1 !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to the first line of your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Your fix works for mobile size screens. The dark overlay is still there on desk top size screens and I can’t figure out how to get rid of it. I tried just .header-image with the rest of the CSS you provided but that doesn’t get rid of the overlay on large screens. Can you please provide a fix?

And yes thanks, I do have a CSS plug in.

Sharon

Hi Csaba,
I think the problem is that the overlay on full screen size is controled by
.site header {background color:}

I tried this and it doesn’t get rid of the overlay: .site header {
}

Still need some help here.

thanks
Sharon

Hi,

No, the opacity on desktop, is added by site-header:after, so please add this Custom CSS to make the header image fully visible ( remove opacity ):

.site-header:after {
}

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks Csaba. That works.

Happy New Year!
Sharon

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba