Aligning footer

Hi guys,

Great theme.

I am currently editing the footer on my site, however i’m having some problems with the alignment. The social links appear centred, though not sure if this is more padding.

I also aligned the second footer to the right, however on mobile the first footer now aligns left and the second aligns right which doesn’t look great. I would like to align all footer widgets to the centre on mobile if possible?

Website is: www.grwrecruitment.com

Thanks

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

Could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

@media only screen and (max-width:991px){

.footer-widgets,
  .footer-widgets .search-form .search-field{
    text-align: center;
  }

.footer-widgets .search-form{
    display: table;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
  }

}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for your quick reply, the css has partially worked with footer 1 now aligning fine on mobile however the second footer menu still aligns to the right on mobile (the search bar is fine).

I have the following code to align the menu on the right on desktop which may be affecting things, i’m not too sure:

#sidebar-footer .sidebar-column:nth-child(2) {
    text-align: right;
}

Additionally on desktop the social icons aren’t correctly aligned. I would like them to be aligned left and begin under the contact details.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Please try adding the following CSS code:

/* Align social icons to the left on larger screen */
@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

.footer-widgets .social-menu-widget{
    margin-left: 0;
  }

}

/* Align footer menus to the center on smaller screen */
@media only screen and (max-width:992px){

#sidebar-footer .sidebar-column:nth-child(2) {
  }  

}

Regards,
Kharis

Works great, thanks Kharis!

No problem. Just go easy on it.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

I have recently changed my Theme to Sydney Child. Now I dont know how to bring the footer at Center. Can you please help me.
have a look on my homepage. http://www.skitpotravel.com/

Thanks a lot.

Yeshi Dorjay

Dear Yeshi,

I guess you’d like to center the copyright info. If so, you can use the below CSS snippet.

.site-info{
}

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

Yes it works. Thank you

Regards

Yeshi

No worries. Just go easy on it.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello. I have something similar going on with my sidebar… how do i align my sidebar on my pages just like the sidebar on my blog page. My posts are all squished together. Side by side instead of below each other.
Please help.

Hello @raina,

Pleas share the link to one of you posts here, so I can have a look.

Regards,
Kharis

hello kharis I figured out how to do it, but now im having problems with my content on different pages to load. I have widgets missing, and my photos, my clients, or testimonials arent showing up.

Hello @raina,

Please visit the plugins administration panel (Dashboard > Plugins) and see if the Sydney Toolbox is active.

Regards,
Kharis

Yes. My sydney plugin is active.

Hello there,

Please share your site URL, so I can have a look.

Regards,
Kharis