Airi: Plugins causing error messages

Hallo, could you please advise me on which exact plugins to install on this theme? The SEO Image plugin was just now again disabled by one of the support staff at Hostgator. I get these messages: …property of non-object in /home2/ushi50/public_html/wp-includes/nav-menu.php on line 821, and many other such non-objects, when I press on the menu button for instance. Since I installed the theme, I have had to ask for more help from Hostgator live support that in the last 3 years altogether. I am embarrassed. What am I doing wrong, please? Something with PHP, which is a bit technical for me when I read up on it in Google or WordPress sites. It would be great if you could advise? After much research, this theme came out at the top, so it must be something I am doing or not doing. Thank you in advance. Kind regards, Ursula Nieuwoudt

Hello Ursula,

Did you follow Airi theme documentation here?
https://docs.athemes.com/category/260-airi

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

Yes, I did, but must confess to not knowing until now why I had to import the demo site stuff.

Had quite a bit of trouble. Disabled every plugin and started to enable again, one at a time, but the first one, Yoast, already caused the …non objects not found….

The site also shut down and I could not get in again.

I know free themes cannot be expected to give the same kind of support as paid themes, but that is what I need.

I had a fully functioning site for a couple of years, which I did myself, but then the theme became outdated and gave problems.

Now I have forgotten all I learned, to my dismay, and have to learn all over again. At my age (almost 60) I would just so LOVE an author’s site which is easy to set up.

Have activated another theme to see what happens and what I can learn from setting it up, what I might have missed with Airi.

Thank you so much responding. I appreciate your time and advice.

Back to the drawing board. Have a lovely day.

Ursula

Hello Ursula,

As far as I understand, this is your primary issue:

The site also shut down and I could not get in again.

If that’s correct, then please check this link:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support