Adding Twitch to Social Media Icons

Hi,

I understand that the theme uses FontAwesome as opposed to images for the icons. It looks like icons can only be added for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, Dribble, Vimeo, Linkedin, Youtube, Flickr, and Pinterest when adding the links to the social menu.

FontAwesome does have the Twitch icon, so I was wondering if there is a way for me to also have the Twitch icon appear in this menu.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks,
JWH

Hello JWH,

Please try to do the following.

1. Update Font Awesome: download it here, replace files in wp-content/themes/solon/fonts folder with files from css and fonts folders, which you can find within downloaded archive. You have to update it because Solon theme contains 4.0 version and Twitch icon appeared in 4.2 version.

2. Add the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard ā†’ Appearance ā†’ Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.social-widget a[href*="twitch.tv"]::before,
.social-navigation li a[href*="twitch.tv"]::before {
    content: '\f1e8';
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

This worked. Thanks so much!

Regards,
JWH

You are welcome JWH,

Iā€™m glad that it worked!

Have a nice day :slight_smile: