Adding New Text to Services in Sydney

Hello, I am a newbie to WordPress, but so far I am really enjoying what I am learning. That said, I have hit a slight problem. I have been using Sydney, (fantastic theme by the way) and I added 3 Services to the Service section. The thing is I want to add one more service, but I want it to be centered underneath the first three services that I added. How can I do this??? I have been racking my brains for the past 2 days over this!! Grrrr! Also, I want to add a contact box so that clients can contact me directly. How do I add a contact box that will link to my email/Gmail and that can be designed the way I want it? Thanks in advance. Dan

Hello there,

You can add one more service item. To make center the last one, could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css:

@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

.service.col-md-4:nth-child(4){
    width: 100%;
  }

}

To arrange its order, you would use the Post Types Order plugin.

> How do I add a contact box that will link to my email/Gmail and that can be designed the way I want it?

We recommend you to use the Contact Form 7 plugin. To setup your form, please follow its documentation.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

Thank you for the help, but it keeps centering the wrong service. I have reordered the services, but the centered service that I want is not working. Is there anyway I can send you a screen shot to explain further? Thanks, D

Yes, please take a screenshot and upload it to the free file hosting service like cloudup.com. Then share its URL here.

Regards,
Kharis

Cloudup

Hello,

Here is the url.

The problem I am having is that I want the ‘Deduce Outcomes’ to be at the bottom, center of the Service page. The other services need to be above, starting with ‘Defining your needs’, Design your course’ and 'Deliver your course. For some reason I cannot get this to order correctly. Do you have any ideas how I could solve this problem?

Thanks, D

Hello there,

Please try to apply the following CSS code:

@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

.service.col-md-4:last-child{
    width: 100%;
  }

}

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello, thanks. That seems to work. I still have the problem of no title to the page. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a title. I have gone into the page, but there is nowhere to add a title once the page is uploaded. I want the title to read, Services and to be above the Designing Your Course row. When I click on the Service tab in the menu it takes me to the page, but as I have said there is no title on the page, just the 4 services. How do I edit the Services page so that I can give it a titles?? Thanks, Dan

Hello, I was trying to add a background image on one of the pages and for some reason the background has gone grey! I have no idea what I have done!!! I want to add an full background image on the ‘about ETL’ page, but I have made a mistake as now the home page ‘transform your skills’ block background has gone grey and also the ‘About ETL’ page background has gone grey. Please can you tell me how I make the ‘transform your skills’ BG white again and how I add a full page background to the ‘About ETL’ page and lose the grey??? I hope you can help??

Thanks, Dan

Hello, I have an issue with my website. When the site is visited on a smart phone or a tablet, the menu is missing. It is no visible on any phone or tablet, I have no idea why. Please could someone help me with this problem? Is the Sydney 100% responsive? Thanks, D

> When the site is visited on a smart phone or a tablet, the menu is missing.

Could you please share me the link to your site, so I can check it directly?

> Is the Sydney 100% responsive?

Yes, it is. Please the mobile friendly test result on here https://search.google.com/search-console/mobile-friendly?id=EaQ_Lg9AoxBx0ObbmPHu5w.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

Hi, my site address is www.englishtraininglounge.com
As I stated, the menu does not show on mobile or on tablet.

Thanks,

D

Hello there,

The mobile menu button actually does exist there, but since your header bar is light, it isn’t visible as its color is light by default. You need to change it to dark color by applying the below CSS code:

.btn-menu{
  color: #000a47;
}

You can apply it to your site from Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Regards,
Kharis