Adding Google's " no captcha recaptcha "

Hi, I would like to add Google’s ’ no captcha recaptcha ’ “I am not a Robot” checkbox to my website’s register and login page as I have been getting a lot of spam signups recently.

I have watched some youtube videos and they are saying to add coding to some areas of the site but I don’t understand and really need step-by-step help on how to do this.

I can get up to the point of signing up for the service and getting the “key” and “secret key”

But what plugin do i download and how/where do I add the coding???

Sorry for the noob questions and thanks in advance

Phillip

PS - they are asking to “paste this snippet before the closing on your HTML template” and “paste this snippet at the end of the where you want the reCAPTCHA widget to appear” for the client side and another step for the server side

Can you please me me on exactly where to go and how to do this?

The Instructions I got: but where do I put the code?

STEP 1: Client Side Integration

Paste this snippet before the closing tag on your HTML template:

Paste this snippet at the end of the where you want the reCAPTCHA widget to appear:

The reCAPTCHA documentation site describes more details and advanced configurations.

STEP 2: Server Side Integration

When your users submit the form where you integrated reCAPTCHA, you’ll get as part of the payload a string with the name “g-recaptcha-response”. In order to check whether Google has verified that user, send a POST request with these parameters:

URL: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify

secret (required)

response (required) The value of ‘g-recaptcha-response’.

remoteip The end user’s ip address.

The reCAPTCHA documentation site describes more details and advanced configurations.

Hello, you can try to use this plugin, it seems to be much simpler:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman,

I used that plugin as suggested. After buying the “pro” version, I now have the reCAPTCHA widget in all the places I need it.

Phillip

Great! You are welcome Phillip :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.