Adding Employees to front page?

Hey, I’m trying to use this theme to create a one-page site, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to add the ‘employees’ to the front page. There’s no widget that will do it, and I tried using the plugin ‘Embed Pages’ but that crashed and burned pretty hard.

Is there any way to add the employees as a new section on the homepage, and have it appear just like it would on it’s own page?

Also, I’d like to add a title on what each employee does, and what their role is in the company. I went into ‘Types’ and added a custom type to the employees, but how do I get what I enter into that field on the ‘Add Employee’ section to appear on the live web site?

Hello,

That’s not possible at the moment, but we’ll see about adding it in a future version.

Thanks for your reply. What isn’t possible? Adding the employees to the front page or adding the title to the employees?

Neither is possible at the moment.

Though it’s pretty easy to do the second one since you’ve already created a custom field.

You would need to go to page_team.php and add this right below <h5><?php the_title(); ?></h5> or in whatever place you want it to show:

<?php $emp_pos = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'wpcf-service-icon', true ); ?>
<div class="employee-position"><?php echo esc_html($emp_pos); ?></div>

Just replace service-icon from wpcf-service-icon with your custom field. And you can use the div to style it to your needs.