Adding custom fields into projects template

Hello everybody! I’m a n00b and this is my first attempt to ever create a website.

First of all I want to thank the Athemes-Team! Second, I hope I’m not overreaching, having read that adjustments on elements other than those on the demo page aren’t supported.

I want to add custom fields into the archives: projects and archives: services page, so that I’m able to display some information in a structured manner. For services something such a checklist and in projects 'before’and 'after’pictures, whenever I create a new project. The problem is that I’m not able to locate either of the two in the ‘text editor’ and therefore I’m not able to paste the code to adjust the templates. I tried to find ‘project info’ but I wasn’t able to find that as well.

Could you guys maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much in advance!

With kind regards,

Steve

Hello there,

The Sydney theme doesn’t have such that feature. You’ll need additional plugin which helps you creating some extra fields for custom post type. The Advanced Custom Fields plugin is worth it to try. To display the values of your custom fields, you’ll need extra code. Please follow this documentation. This should be done in the child theme, so that any additions you made won’t be lost wherever you update the theme in the future. If you’re new to child theme, please visit these links:

You can use our premade Sydney child theme for your starting point.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks very much for the reply Kharis!

I forgot to mention that I did made the custom fields with the plugin but with the documentation I hope I’m able to add the new template fields.

Thanks very much again!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis