Adding and/or adding font size, menu colour, using big/small pictures, slider

Hi
I have three questions considering the Hiero theme:

Can I add more fonts/channge font size (how to do it)? Only Open Sans supports signs from my language (Polish) and it’s too big. A short title on mobile version of the site occupies almost all of the screen.

Is there a way to change menu font colour in mobile version?

Is it possible to use small/big pictures on the main page to differentiate between less and more important posts?

How can I add a slider showing the most interesting stuff between my menu and post sections?

Best regards from Poland!

Hi P

Making changes to the theme or Wordpress is endless.

First of all can you share a link to you site so that we can have a look

Thanks

I have a similar question. I want to change the Sub menu/Sub Item menu on the Hiero Theme from red to Purple (#5c4784). I went to Customize>Colors, and I see I can make changes to Main Color, Site Title, Site Description, etc. However, there’s no option to change the sub menu when you hover on it with your mouse. How can I change this? or is there a widget I can install to do this.

Also, thank you for the Hiero theme, I love it! Just trying to personalize it.
My site

Thanks.

Hi,

You can change sub-menu hover color and border color ( second one, if you want to change that too ) too with this Custom CSS:

#main-navigation li li a:hover {
    background-color: #5c4784 !important;
}

#main-navigation li li {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #5c4784;
}

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Best Regards,
Csaba

The problem ended up being on this code (style.css):

#main-navigation li.sfHover li a:hover {
background: #eb2121;
}

I just replaced the #eb2121 with #5c4784

But without knowing what to look for I would have never been able to figure it out. Your code showed me what I needed to be looking for. Thank you so much! You’re the best Csaba! =)

Hi,

You’re most welcome! The Custom CSS I posted also have to work and it’s suggested to use any modification in your Child Theme’s style.css or in the plugin I suggested, so you will not loose it on a theme update.

Best Regards,
Csaba