Adding additional web fonts

Hello,

I am looking to use a premium web font that is NOT bundled in the Sweetheat theme. I have applied the correct syntax to the CSS file, see this:

@font-face {
font-family: ‘gotham_boldregular’;
src: url(’…/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.eot’);
src: url(’…/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.eot?#iefix’) format(‘embedded-opentype’),
url(’…/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.woff2’) format(‘woff2’),
url(’…/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.woff’) format(‘woff’),
url(’…/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.ttf’) format(‘truetype’),
url(’…/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.svg#gotham_boldregular’) format(‘svg’);
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;

}

However, the font is not sticking sometimes works on a few elements (or not at all) and not on every element.

I feel that it is conflicting with the Customize Fonts Menu that is built into the theme. In an ideal world, I would like to have this new font appear in the fist of fonts in the Theme Customize Menu, along with all the other fonts that came bundled, so that it can be selected like the rest. But, I would settle to just get this font “Gotham” working on elements it is applied to even with that functionality. The example I am showing is for Gotham Bold, but I have fonts for a few other variations of Gotham as well.

I am using WordPress 4.4.2 running SweetHeat theme.

My DEV site can be viewed here: http://dev.twerp.co/022

(Any place you see a SERIF font, the font is loading incorrectly. If you see a SAN SERIF font that matches the font in the LOGO then the font is working on that element.)

Thank you in advance,

<S>
Scott

Hi,

I don’t see Serif font nowhere, can you please post a link to a page where you see Serif font?

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Sorry for that, I was in a time crunch so I had to replace all the fonts with Google fonts that sort of to match “Gotham”. That’s why you don’t see anything broken. I wasn’t able to get Gotham to work.

I think that the actual font-face files may have been corrupted because I got other fonts to load … obviously, as you pointed out.

Perhaps I can set up a page that references the fonts I was trying to get to load, then repost or update this question. Sorry for the confusion but I am on deadline and I had to keep it moving.

Thanks for the speedy reply tho, sorry I couldn’t wait.

Scott

Hi,

Please let me know when you have setup the page where I can check the wrong font loading ( and no Google Font ), so I can check for a solution.

Best Regards,
Csaba