Adding additional forward and back arrows on top of each post for rapid browsing

Hi,

At the bottom of each of my posts, there are back and forward arrows (with the post titles) that, when clicked, lead you to the previous and next posts respectively. I would like to keep these, but also have a simple forward and back arrow at the top of the post that allows the reader to browse through the posts (which are essentially entries in a database) quickly without reading the whole post.

Here is a link to a typical post:

I have a Sydney Pro child theme set up with code already implemented in both functions.php and style.css files, so I could easily implement the modifications here.

Hoping you can help!
All the best,
Tilla

Hello Tilla,

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork. Hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

I thought that might be the case for duplicating navigation arrows. Instead would able to send me a suggestion on how to move the post navigation arrows from the bottom to the top of the page?
That would be a great help,
Cheers,
Tilla

I assume I make a copy of single.php into my child theme and simply switch these two lines?

<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?>
		<?php sydney_post_navigation(); ?>

Hello Tilla,

As I mentioned above, that doesn’t seem to be an easy tweak, sorry.

But please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support