Add Favicon

Thank you Vlad for fast reply.
Can you please tell me how to add favicon…??

and if .ico is compulsary or i can add .png or .jpg.??

Actually, .ico isn’t working because the Wordpress uploader we’re using doesn’t allow it. So you need to use a .png and you can find it in Customize > General tab.

Hi Vlad.

I am also trying to change my favicon.
When I go to Customize/ Generel, there is no place to change it though.

Maj.

Hi Maj,

In wp-admin / Appearance / Customise / General the second option is to upload a Favicon - “Upload your favicon” the first one is to upload your Logo, below it you can upload your favicon, this option is missing for you? Are you using Quill Theme?

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba.

I am using the Sydney theme. When I go to Appearance / Customise / General it only shows ‘Page wrapper - top padding’ and ‘Page wrapper - bottom padding’.

No upload of logo.
No uoload of favicon.

Best,
Maj

Hi,

For Sydney you can add a Favicon in Customise / Site title/tagline/logo / Site Icon.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Great Csaba! It works perfectly :smiley:

Thank you very much,
Maj

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello,

I was reading this post to find an answer to the question above.

I am using Sydney Theme and your solution (@Csaba) worked well for me too!

At least this is so for desktop browsers. My android phone and Apple iPad do not use the favicon.

Any ideas?

I know there are some great plugins out there to do the job. However, they dont really work. I guess it depends on the theme one uses.

Thanks for helping me out here.

Fabian

Hi @falux,

The mobile devices may not use the favicon as app icons or as icons in their browsers as it is, so maybe try to upload a 128x128px favicon, so that may work.

Kind Regards,
Csaba