Add employee small description under image

Hi there,

Was wondering if you can help me with adding a small description of the employee under their image. I dont want it to link anywhere. Just a small note abut them.

Thanks so much!

Hello,

Please edit an employee, add a note in Employee position field, save your changes.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello there,

Thank you for posting in.

To display the employee description on employee widget, you should edit the widgets/fp-employees.php file. Then find this line:

<div class="pos"><?php echo esc_html($position); ?></div>

and add this code after it.

<div><?php the_content(); ?></div>

Save changes then update.

This is just an information, as you edited the main theme’s file, you should take it at your own risk. Updating the theme in the future will remove the changes you’ve made. So you have to do an adjustment again.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis! That did the trick!

Would I be too greedy to see if there’s a way to have it show an excerpt of 2-3 lines with a More… option at the end of it. At the moment, the Employee descriptions are making the grid all out of whack.

http://pawsinmotion.dreamhosters.com

(talking about the employees section on the main page)

Thanks!

I’m a dope. Using the More… option in the text in the employees description did the trick. Nevah mind! (ps: great theme!)

Great! You figured it out.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Thank you for working with Sydney.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here:https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/sydney#postform? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis–I need to do the same. Is your solution above still valid? Before I do anything “at my own risk” I’d like to be sure.

Thank you,

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Yes, it’s valid. Make sure you put the new code addition inside the '<div class=“team-content”>` block. So, you’ll have something like:

<div class="team-content">
    <div class="name">
    	<?php if ($link == '') : ?>
    		<?php the_title(); ?>
    	<?php else : ?>
    		<a href="<?php echo esc_url($link); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>
    	<?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    <div class="pos"><?php echo esc_html($position); ?></div>
		<div><?php the_content(); ?></div>
</div>

Regards,