Add a link in the footer

Hello,

I want to add a link in the footer so that people will be able to clic on it and will be redirected on the good page.
I tried to do this by adding a widget “pages” in the footer, but actually it just Show all the pages in the footer.

Do you have a solution please.
Thank you.
Jim

Hello Jim,

you could create a new menu with the link to the page and use the widget called individual menu/individual links for that or choose a text widget and fill in <a href="http://www.yoururl.com">Your Link Text Here</a>.

Let me know if you need further help with that.

Best regards
WeAreOne

Hello WeAreOne,

Thank you for your help, it works perfectly with both solutions.

However, the link is not centered with the others widget (see the picture). How can I modify the alignment please ?
And if I want to add another section just above FAQ, should I proceed as the same as for FAQ ?

Regards,
Jim

Hello Jim,

I’m glad that it works for you.

To provide more CSS code for that I need to be able to inspec your website. So please provide a link to your site.

If it is another link you want to have you can use the same technique. If you’re using the text widget you can tick the box in the widget to add paragraphs automatically and write it above the current link. If you’re using the menu just add the link in the menu you linked with the widget.

Best regards,
WeAreOne

Hello WeAreOne,

You are very reactive !
Sure, here is the website : www.privens.com

Ok thank you for your advices.

Best regards,
Jim

Hello Jim,

thanks, I do my best!

Because the social icons are center aligned, I would recommend to left align them through this code:

.footer-widgets .social-menu-widget {
  display: block;
  text-align: left;
}
.footer-widgets .widget_text {
  padding-top: 0;
}
.footer-widgets .textwidget a {
  padding: 5px 10px;
}

This aligns the social icons with the links and bring the links a little bit closer to the social icons. In my opinion this looks well. If they need to be even closer, you can also use this and reduce the bottom margin:

.footer-widgets .widget_fp_social {
  margin-bottom: 30px; /* 30px is default, so you can reduce it */
}

Best regards,
WeAreOne

It definitly works, thank you a lot for your help !
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Jim

Alright, thanks!

I will mark this topic as resolved. Feel free to let us know in a new topic if you need more help.

Have a nice day, too.