Add a 2nd "More Button"

Hello- How can I add a 2nd “More” Button in the center home page next to the current one? I tried doing this with a child theme but child themes do not like to override files in the “inc” folder where this button and the slider configuration files seem to be.

Thank you!
Scott

3 buttons on the slider

Hello Scott,

You can add second button with jQuery.

1. Please install and activate Insert Headers and Footers plugin that will allow you to insert JavaScript (jQuery) code.

2. Go to your DashboardSettingsInsert Headers and Footers → add the following code to Scripts in Header section, and click Save button:

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
        jQuery('a.roll-button.button-slider').after(jQuery('<a href="2ndButtonLink" class="roll-button button-slider">2ndButtonName</a>'));
    });
</script>

Please replace 2ndButtonLink and 2ndButtonName with desirable values.

Also you might want to add some space between buttons with the following CSS code:

.roll-button.button-slider {
    margin: 10px;
}

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section. Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman! Thank you so so much! You are amazing! Thank you for saving me days and days of work!

Scott

You are welcome Scott,

Thank you very much for such kind words, I am very happy to hear it!

It would be nice if you leave your feedback for Sydney theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

You got it! Just left an excellent review for you!

Wow, thanks a lot Scott! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

closed #7