A few issues on first install

Hey,

I just got sydney which we’re running on a subdomain to then transfer over to our main domain once built - I’m having a few issues.

1. We did try and install the demo which was unsuccessful for some reason even though it claimed it was successful.

2. We want a static web page and have changed to settings as such, assigned a home page and a blog page etc. Whenever I go to add a new page, we hit submit and then it just opens up the ‘posts’ page for some reason but doesn’t create a new page.

3. When I go to add said new page to my menu, it just links to a page which says ‘oops, cannot be found’.

4. Our full screen slider banner appears across all pages - we ideally just want it on the home page.

Any ideas? I bet these are such simple fixes but I don’t know!

Hello there,

I would like to apologize in advance for the inconvenience. I’ll try whatever I can to help. Let’s start from the first issue so that we can easily track progress.

> 1

Could you please tell us some missing parts which are inconsistent compared to our demo site? If possible, please share the link to your site to help us easier identify what’s exactly happening.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey Kharis,

Nothing of the demo site was put over other than the ‘about’ section and menu items. My main issue now is not being able to create new pages really.

Hello there,

If could understand it correctly, so you couldn’t display your new page in the main menu?

Regards,
Kharis

I can’t create a new page. After writing on a new page and hitting submit, it just redirects me to the ‘post section’ and saves the page as a draft.

I also can’t add it to the menu.

Hello there,

Basically, theme doesn’t change the WordPress’ functionalities; this isn’t theme-related issue, I am afraid. To verify, please try to temporarily switch to the default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen and see if the issue remains. If you still experience the issue, one of your active plugins might contain some harmful script. Please try to deactivate all of them except Sydney Toolbox and Page builder at once. Then try to compose a new page.

Regards,
Kharis