A bug in menu static mode

Hi,
I found that the menu cannot be successfully changed to the static mode. This is the result of the static mode. The menu covered some of the contents of the page. Please help fix this up.

Hello there,

If I understood the trouble correctly, you would add the following custom CSS code to fix it.

.site-header.float-header .site-logo{
  max-height: 50px;
}  

To retain the code addition in the future after theme update, you can add it through child theme’s style.css file or use the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

The code cannot solve the problem. Please visit http://petsittingdiary.com/about-us/ and you will see the header menu’s problem. The menu is overlapped with the content. Please help.

Hello there,

Try adding this:

#masthead.site-header.fixed {
    position: relative !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,
It seems work, but not perfect. The other pages are quite good, but the homepage not. The menu becomes white acting this way.

Hello there,

Try to replace the code I suggested with this one:

body:not(.home) #masthead.site-header.fixed {
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

The following are the codes I am currently using:

body:not(.home) #masthead.site-header.fixed {
}
.site-header.float-header .site-logo{
  max-height: 50px;
}  

They perform well. One last newly arose problem is that the menu is flickering. When you scroll down a bit, you may recognise it. When you scroll down, you can feel that the menu is not moving smoothly. This problem does not appear on the homepage, but other pages, such as About us page.

Sorry that I cannot describe this problem very comprehensively. If you can help on this, I would be greatly appreciated. If not, its my bad cannot describe the problem correctly. Anyway, Thank you very much for your continuous help!

Hello there,

Try adding this CSS code:

body:not(.home) .site-header.float-header .site-logo {
  max-height: 200px !important;  
}  

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,

It works great! Thanks a lot!

You’re always welcome here. :slight_smile:

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,

The menu covers the content.

Once the Sydney theme updated to 1.34, the menu becomes covering the content. Please help.

This is quite difficult to fix by myself. Please give some help. Thanks a lot!

I posted a reply here https://athemes.com/forums/topic/a-bug-in-menu-static-mode-2/#post-710251.

Regards,
Kharis