403 Permission Denied for Blog

I just launched my Sydney Theme WP site, moving it from Subdomain to Root level. Now when I click on Blog I get the error message - “403 Permission Denied. You do not have permission for this request /blog/”

I’ve looked in all the obvious places to fix the problem. Can anyone help?

My site is www.glenweimer.com

Thanks!

Hello there,

Please check your root folder and make sure the “blog” folder doesn’t present in there. Please review some topics which discuss about it on the WordPress.org’s community support channel. I hope you can find the solution on there.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks so much Kharis! It was in fact an empty Blog folder at the root level that was causing the problem.

Hi Kharis -

The problem continues. I delete the empty Blog folder at the root level in the “public_html” folder and the blog works perfectly. A very short while later my site recreates the same empty Blog folder and I get the error message:

Index of /blog

Parent Directory
Apache Server at glenweimer.com Port 80

Any other tricks?

Glen

Hello there,

I am not sure why it happens. Sorry :frowning:

Have you contacted your hosting support department?

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, they’re the ones who figured out about deleting the Blog folder, but beyond that seem baffled.

Thanks!
Glen

Here’s one more clue with no good answers - I discovered that whatever is automatically generating the empty “Blog” folder at the root level (which is the culprit for the index error is also automatically generating a “Subdomain” folder. Deleting both took me from having my Blog page go down ever 30-mins to every few hours.

Anyone wth ideas, I’m open!

Thanks!
Glen

I think I’ve gotten to the root cause. I had created a subdomain folder on my webhost named “Subdomain” to develop my new site. I had also made a “Blog” subdomain years ago. Both subdomains were generating subdomain folders & the “Blog” one was confusing WP to look there for blog information.

Hope that helps somebody else.
Glen

Hello Glen,

I am glad to know that you’ve been able to figure it out. Thank you so much for sharing it. We really appreciate it.

Regards,
Kharis