30% Page Speed on mobile - 85% on Desktop

Hi Sydney Support,

I have a real issure with the page speed on mobile. It wasn’t like that at the begining of the use of Sydney. In fact mobile, was often way better then Desktop.

Suddenly this changes to 30 %…

I have also deactivated all plugins (also used optimizer and clean a bit the database) -> still the same.

Really need help here, thanks!

I do also wonder where are those 3 stipes from the mobile menu?

Michael

Hello Michael,

Can you please deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Elementor, and leave here a note?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I have now deactivated everything Ramon
(don´t have Elevator/Sydney toolbox)

btw as mentioned in the first post, the low mobile speed remains, when everything is deactivated.

Michael

Hi Roman,
I have to activate them again, cause there are customers that I lose.
If you need the site with deactivated plugins to work with, we should have a time (middle european time) to meet and so I can deactivate it.
Waiting for your reply, thank you.
Michael

Hello Michael,

If you need the site with deactivated plugins to work with, we should have a time (middle european time) to meet and so I can deactivate it.

I think that it’s better to create a staging website for testing and troubleshooting purposes:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

ok, I have installed this plugin - seems like a great plugin. I also will do quickly a backup of my side and tell you when everything it’s done.
So to already know: You later will test/work on the staged site, right?

Michael

Michael, please just post a link to staging site when you finish (in order to let me check your site without additional plugins activated).

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

great plugin, has worked so far.
The staging site is https://adamidis-art.com/madamidis/

You need the pw on pm correct?
Michael

Also please note:

this stage page shows (just when the plugins there are activated!) a very incorrect site design.

In the case I have to use this staged site later, I just want to mention it, maybe it’s important, cause this would be a problem later on, when activating the plugins on the life site.

Hello Michael,

I answered your private message regarding the staging site.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I see, thanks. I write you pm

Hello Michael,

I’ve just checked your staging site loading speed with browser tools and it loads in about 2.6s (1.3s with caching). It’s much faster than 6.9s with plugins (PageSpeed Insights screenshot in your first post of this topic).

Also, mobile menu button is okay on your staging site. So please check your plugins by activating them one by one and see how each plugin affects site performance and mobile menu button.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

indeed that mobile button has occured due to a conflict with a plugin. I will check this.

So you mean, that you had 2,6s for mobile? This is were google gave me 30% how come?
Here is a new test: again: all plugins deactivated

There is no chance when deactivating any plugin that this side will ok. Image that this side is really very emty without plugins… what is loaded?

Michael

Hi Roman,

I have found it!
It was in the widget the Youtube Subscribe script (how can they do such a crap??)! I am so happy - from 37% now to 86% on mobile!!
Later on I have also replaced the Gumroad script, that was also very slow) with a simple link to the selling side, what does the same great speed effect on this side. Amazing!

That scripts are really not a blessing!

Thank you also for your help,
Michael

Great! You are welcome Michael :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support