3 available languages

I am building a website and would like it to be in 3 different languages. How can that be done with Astrid?

Hello,

You can get such functionality with a multilanguage plugin, there are several excellent translation plugins out there, but each one with its own pros and cons. So I suggest you to read about each of them and make your own decision.

WPML. Paid, premium product. Great plugin with great support. One of the most popular ways to translate the site.

Polylang. Free. Very similar to WPML, and in some way compatible with it. It can use WPML’s wpml-config.xml file (so if the theme is compatible with WPML, it is in most cases compatible with Polylang).

qTranslate X. Free. It is also very popular translation plugin, but it works differently (it stores all translations in one post/page). It is the successor of qTranslate plugin.

However, please note that Astrid theme was not tested with these plugins. It means that it might not work properly right out-of-the-box.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I’m trying to translate the Astrid theme using the WPML plugin. Could you advise on how to translate the home page? I’m unable to set up the front page.

ALso, I’m not able to set up a widgetised page - is there an issue with this template?

Thank you for your help
Kasia

Hello Kasia,

1. Please contact WPML support and see what they say.

2. I’m not sure what’s wrong with that template, can you please provide more details regarding this issue?

By the way, it is better to create your own topic for your question to keep forum in good order.

Kind Regards, Roman.