2 sites with same Sydney child theme files differs

Hi,

I created a site with a child theme of Sydney, and have chosen the slider for the homepage.
But as the format of my slides is 1899 x 550 px, I have an enormous space between the slider and the content of the page on screens with a minimum width of about 1025 px.
I resolved this by, in the child theme “styles.css”, adding rules to some of the existing media queries, and by adding new media queries, as it follows :

@media only screen and (max-width: 991px) {
	.page-id-24 .sydney-hero-area {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
}
@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) and (max-width: 1550px) {
		margin-bottom: -400px;
	}
}
@media only screen and (min-width: 1551px) {
		margin-bottom: -200px;
	}
}

On the test site, the result was as expected and the huge space became less big.
But when I transferred the theme and child theme on the final site (other domain name), although theme and child theme files are the same on the two domains (I verified), the large space is always there.
I tested successively by deleting the media queries in parent theme, by not deleting but copying them all in child theme also, by adding “!important” on all the modified/created media queries, but the result is the same, the space don’t react as on the test site.

I have really no idea of a possible solution.
Thanks by advance for your help.

Hello there,

Your final site’s page probably has different ID. You can check it easily with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/reveal-ids-for-wp-admin-25/

Then you’d need to adjust the class selector .page-id-24 to exactly match with the targeted page.

Regards,
Kharis

Indeed, it works.
Thanks for your help.

Cordially

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis